These very small deep purple pearls referred to as Ragi or finger millet are bundle of nutrition. A full grain which I arrived to know about much later on in daily life. Until eventually then the cobs or the fingers of ragi applied to adorn my vase of dry flower arrangement for lengthy.
It was only when I arrived to the South of India I turned mindful of these goldmine of nutrients. From then on it has occupied a a lot coveted put on my dinning desk. I adore the earthy and rustic aroma of this mighty grain.
Well being Advantages
- It is a great supply of fiber in eating plan.
- Ragi has small Glycemic Index which helps make it digest quite slowly consequently keeping the blood sugar amounts consistent. Ragi is undoubtedly a boon for individuals struggling from diabetic issues.
- Ragi is abundant in a lot of minerals these kinds of as thiamine, iron and calcium.
- It serves as a very good laxative for constipation.
- Ragi is rich in carbohydrate and very low in excess fat, which can assistance regulate being overweight.
- Ragi malt can be a superior substitute for people today suffering from milk allergy symptoms.
Prudent means to include things like Ragi in diet
- Ragi can be floor and use in baking and building puddings.
- Porridge made with Ragi powder is very balanced refreshing breakfast.
- Soups, and vegetable broth can be ready employing Ragi flour.
- A lot of Indian desserts these types of as Halwa and Barfi can be designed with Ragi.
- Idlis and Dosas of Ragi flour is a nourishing breakfast.
- Combine Ragi flour with whole-wheat flour and make chapattis or Indian breads.
- Sprout the ragi grains and use them in your salads.
- Ragi Puttu a classic a healthy recipe is a terrific addition to the food.
A Brief Ragi Dessert
This is a very simple and balanced dessert made with ragi flour. The process entails producing the Ragi Puttu initially and then making ready the next recipe. The recommendations for ingredients and approach is provided in Steamed Rice Cake.
Alternatively you can steam the Ragi flour in any vessel if you do not have the Puttu maker. Place the crumbled ragi flour in a little bowl and preserve it within a force cooker with a minimal water and stem it for 4-5 minutes. Take it out and proceed further more to make the dessert.
- 1 cup of steamed Ragi flour
- 1/2 cup of grated coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar/Jaggery powder
- 1/2 tsp. of cardamom powder
- 3-4 tsp. of crushed Almonds
Strategy: Just take the steamed Ragi flour and combine it with rest of the substances. Serve it incredibly hot.